This is a list of resources other veterans have found useful. They include transition assistance, wellness, mental health, mentorship and volunteer opportunities.
If you have any recommendations that we should consider including; please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Resources For Veterans
- VA Resources for COVID-19
- Coronavirus & Substance Use (See the risks of going untreated)
- Due to social distancing, American Addiction Center will be hosting free virtual 12-step AA/NA support meetings throughout every week Click Here for more information.
- The CDC offers a list of coping methods for yourself, how to help your children, your family and your community. Click here to view.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness has coping information specifically for during this pandemic. Click here to view.
Veteran Crisis Hotline
- Dial 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone.
- Send a text message to 838255 to connect with a VA responder.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741, professionals available 24/7.
Dial 211 to speak with a professional about your situation. 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24/7. Click here for more information.
- Semper Fi Fund
- Veterans Leadership Program – Veteran Employment, Veteran …
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) – Financial Assistance …
- The American Legion a U.S. Veterans Association
- DAV : Disabled American Veterans Charity – FIND, DONATE, JOIN …
- American Corporate Partners
- Disabled American Veterans
- Assisted Living
- White Heart Foundation
- Vail Veterans Program
- Operation Game On
- Team River Runner – River to Recovery
- Peter Harsch Prosthetics
- Indiana Prosthetics
- Elephant Grass
EDUMED: Patients Guide to Safe and Effective Pain Management. Learn how opioids manage pain, how to recognize opioid abuse in yourself and others, and what experts want you to know about pain management.
- Home | MentalHealth
- Give an Hour
- Veteran’s PATH | Peace. Acceptance. Transformation. Honor.
- Active Heroes I Veterans Crisis Hotline
- Addiction Center
- SAFE: Soldiers And Families Embraced
- Veterans and Substance Use
Military Educational Benefits Guide
- Quaranteenagers: Strategies for Parenting in Close Quarters (New York Times)
- Nemours: Video with Dr. Meghan Walls on talking about Coronavirus Reducing Stigma (CDC)
- Coping with Stress as a Student
- For Seniors and their Parents (NPR)
- Care for Caregivers: Tips for Families and Educators from the National Association of School -Psychologists
- Mindfulness Exercises for Teens (Nemours)
Financial, Vehicle and Housing Assistance