If you are interested in applying to the
Catch A Lift program, Follow the 4 Steps below. . .
Step #1: Eligibility Requirements
- Live within the United States
- Any military branch combat injured veteran post 9-11 who served in active combat duty in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Applicant must be rated with a minimum of 30% IN ONE COMBAT RELATED INJURY rated by the VA with a combined rating of no less than 50% of combat related injuries, i.e. physical combat injuries or combat PTS or TBI.
- Medically or honorably discharged or retired.
- One or any of combat badges or ribbons representing combat duty: Purple Heart, OIF/OEF Badge, Iraq Campaign Medal, Afghanistan.
- Applicants rated at 70% or greater for combat related injuries (combat PTS or TBI included) by the VA and has a caregiver, the caregiver may apply for the program along with veteran to assist them.
Step #2: Required Documents
The following documents are required and can only be uploaded as a PDF FILE, when submitting your application. Have these items prepared prior to beginning.
To make your documents a PDF FILE- USE THE FOLLOWING FREE link- www.easypdfcloud.com
- Copy of DD-214 with your social security # blacked out showing post 9/11 combat deployments to Iraq and/or Afghanistan (OIF, OEF). One or any of combat badges or ribbons representing combat duty or a Purple Heart.
- VA Narrative % Rating Letter–This is the VA explanation papers with your % rating containing an explanation of each injury. Your generic service connected % cover letter is not acceptable. Minimum of 30% IN ONE INJURY rated by the VA with a combined rating of no less than 50%.Documentation that does not list the breakdown of your ratings will not be accepted as it does not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Photograph of applicant in service or current photograph. NO SELFIES.
- If requesting caregiver membership;
- Applying veteran must be rated 70% or greater for combat related injuries (combat PTS or TBI included) to be eligible for a caregiver membership
- Documentation for VA certified caregiver
- VA Certified Caregiver Certificate, stipend or Caregiver ID Card
- A 100-word minimum letter of why it is necessary for you to have a caregiver accompany you to the gym
STEP #3: What to expect after Applying
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application was received
- Within 30 days you will receive an email with your approval into the program or if not approved, an email with the reasons why your application was not accepted.
- Once accepted into the Catch A Lift Program, you are eligible for resources within the program, i.e. coaching, nutrition, motivational connections, mentors, events, regardless of your fitness grant wait time.
- Upon approval in the CAL program, the wait is contingent on funding availability and donations. Your approval letter will contain program wait times.
- All applications are reviewed on a case by case basis, subject to the criteria established by the CAL Board of Directors.
- For any questions email: email@example.com