Catch A Lift Fund is a nationwide 501C3 non-profit wellness platform for combat-injured veterans to help them heal mind, body, and spirit.
For over a decade, Catch A Lift Fund (CAL) has led the charge so that returning injured veterans seek holistic methods of healing ALL injuries, both mentally, physically and spiritually.
The Head Coach will be responsible for the coaching, accountability and success of our Catch A Lift veteran athletes executed through the Wellness Program and oversee the Catch A Lift Coaching Team. This individual reports directly to the Program Director.
At this time, the Head Coach candidate should be available to dedicate 25 hours a week to this position.
The Head Coach responsibilities:
- Manage 15-20 CALvirtual veteran coaches.
- Oversee the interview process
- Review health reports of CAL veteran athletes
- Uploading and maintenance of CAL’s fitness app with new programming, exercise movements etc.
- Review all weekly athlete assessment reports and coaching feedback
- Manage coaches hours for payroll and stipend
- Conduct bi weekly required group coaching meetings.
- Conduct small group coaching meetings weekly
- Manage flow and assigning of all new incoming veterans to CAL coaches for the 8 week or 3 week accountability (phase 1) of the wellness program.
- Manage a (phase 2) coaching program.
- Manage adaptive division of Catch A Lift
- Identify stellar candidates for certification, competition, and exemplary participation in the program
- Implementing fitness app participation of all coaches and veteran athletes
- Meet weekly with Program Director
- Be available and on call to Program Director and President for any Veteran Crisis
This role requires representation in corporate meetings that can share messaging about CALs Wellness and Coaching Program and the services provided to our members. All meetings are pre scheduled.
The individual who assumes this position must possess the following requirements
- OEF/OIF boots on the ground combat veteran
- Candidate must be able to accept payroll wages (w/ tax deductions) due to the hours required
- Knowledge of Google Suites; Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Be comfortable working in front of a computer screen for multiple hours at a time.
- High level of fitness and nutrition knowledge.
- Hold valid accredited fitness or nutrition certification(s)
- Patience; this is a role that works directly with Veterans and Veteran Coaches with various combat injuries both visible and invisible.
- The ability to work independently and stay organized
- Plan and manage a timely schedule that fulfills the demands of the job
- Passionately believes in CAL’s mission
- Be ready and active within the community at hand
- Be available to travel nationally approximately three times a year