- Evaluate progress and learn from successes and failures.
- Train for optimal performances not perfection.
- Keep a record of obstacles and benefits that you expect to encounter from exercise.
- Set SMART goals for exercise.
- Know your current abilities and develop specific plans to reach goals.
- Use specific and realistic imagery prior to your routine and after.
- Imagery involves all the senses night just sight.
- Imagery can be used proactively or in the moment.
- Regulate thoughts, feelings and behaviors by using effective self-talk.
- Make sure self-talk is productive, purposeful and possible.
- Have preplanned cues to help if ineffective self-talk takes over.
- Resist distractions while training and stay focused.
- Understand what is important during your training and stay focused on that item.
- After setbacks immediately refocus and continue routine.
- Seek out friends and community at your gym.
- Join groups that share your interest in fitness.
- COMPETE in something to take your fitness to the next level.
- Work on breathing.
- Take 10 minutes to do nothing.
- Watch the world go by.