- Complete controlled agility training once a week to build muscular control and safe movement.
- Mobility activities include jumping, explosive movements, sprinting, and obstacle courses.
- Cone drills are a great way to increase agility.
- 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise per week (40-60% “effort level”).
- 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic exercise per week (60-90% “effort level).
- Limit Total running mileage to reduce risk of injury.
- 10,000 steps spread throughout the day.
- Do strength training twice a week to improve bone and connective tissue health.
- Complete all six strength training movements per week (horizontal and vertical pull; horizontal and vertical push; lower body pull and press).
- Progressively increase training load.
- Rest 48 hours between strength training sessions.
- Re-evaluate strength training program every 4-6 weeks.
- Use various types of strength training equipment (kettlebells; sandbags; barbells; dumbbells).
- Include dynamic warm up and cool down.
- Try yoga to increase flexibility.
- Use exercise bands to increase range of motion.