Catch A Lift Fund Pedal to Honor Event Terms and Liability Waiver
In consideration for my and/or my minor child(ren) ability to participate in the Catch A Lift Fund Pedal to Honor Event (the “Event”) and utilize any affiliated services and facilities I, on behalf of myself and my child(ren) state, acknowledge and agree as follows:
- I acknowledge and agree that the risk of injury, damage or property loss from participation in the Event is significant, including the potential for permanent physical harm to me and/or my minor children, including death, and/or property damage or loss, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce those risks, the risk of serious injury does exist, as does the risk of property damage or loss;
- I acknowledge and understand that participation in the Event constitutes significant physical activity and that I and/or my minor child(ren) am/are in adequate and sufficient good health and condition to participate in the Event;
- I acknowledge and understand that photographs and/or videos may be taken of me and/or my minor children in connection with the Event, and consent to the taking of such photographs and videos and the publication of such photographs and videos;
- I and/or my minor children agree to follow all laws, rules, regulations and codes regarding the use of any public and private street, route, road, walkway, path or thoroughfare of any kind during the Event;
- I and/or my minor children agree to follow all laws, rules, regulations and codes regarding public health, including such laws, rules, regulations and codes applicable to COVID-19 that may be applicable during the Event;
- I agree, represent, and warrant that I will not and/or my minor child(ren) will not participate or attend the Event if any of us experience symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath, or have a suspected or diagnosed/confirmed case of COVID-19, or within the preceding 10 days have been exposed to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19;
- I acknowledge that due to the nature of COVID-19 and the nature of the Event, transmission of the virus cannot be ruled out, social distancing of 6 feet per person among participants or others is not always possible, and that my and/or my minor child(ren)’s participation in the Event may result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability, and/or death.
THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND THE RISK OF ILLNESS, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND PROPERTY LOSS, WHETHER DUE TO NEGLIGENCE, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, OR OTHERWISE, WHILE TRAINING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT WHETHER SUCH ILLNESS, INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS IS RELATED TO COVID-19 OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT COVERED BY MY PERSONAL HEALTH OR OTHER TYPE OF INSURANCE.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE, AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS PMC AND ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND AGENTS, OR ANY OF THE FELLOW PARTICIPANTS OR THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS OR GUESTS (TOGETHER, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS ON ACCOUNT OF ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ANY INJURY TO, OR ANY ILLNESS OR THE DEATH OF, THE UNDERSIGNED, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, OF THE CHRISTOPHER COFFLAND MEMORIAL FUND, INC. D/B/A THE CATCH A LIFT FUND OR THE OTHER RELEASEES OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND VOLUNTEERS WHILE TRAINING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, WHETHER SUCH ILLNESS, INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS IS RELATED TO COVID-19 OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT COVERED BY MY PERSONAL HEALTH OR OTHER TYPE OF INSURANCE.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND I VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND FURTHER AGREE THAT NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR INDUCEMENTS APART FROM THE FOREGOING WRITTEN AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN MADE TO ME ON ACCOUNT HEREOF.
I AM AWARE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT I AM GIVING UP VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF THE UNDERSIGNED, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES FROM THE CHRISTOPHER COFFLAND MEMORIAL FUND, INC. D/B/A THE CATCH A LIFT FUND OR THE OTHER RELEASEES OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND VOLUNTEERS IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH, ILLNESS OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 DURING TRAINING AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, AND ANY ILLNESS, INJURY OR DEATH RESULTING THEREFROM. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ALL CLAIMS. IF SIGNING ON BEHALF OF A CHILD OR CHILDREN: I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE ON BEHALF OF MY CHILD(REN) AND I REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT I HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO SIGN THIS AGREEMENT ON THEIR BEHALF.