This is a list of resources other veterans have found useful. They include transition assistance, wellness, mental health, mentorship and volunteer opportunities.
If you have any recommendations that we should consider including; please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- VA Resources for COVID-19
- Coronavirus & Substance Use
(See the risks of going untreated)
- Due to social distancing, American Addiction Center will be hosting free virtual 12-step AA/NA support meetings throughout every week Click Here for more information.
- The CDC offers a list of coping methods for yourself, how to help your children, your family and your community. Click here to view.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness has coping information specifically for during this pandemic. Click here to view.
- Dial 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone.
- Send a text message to 838255 to connect with a VA responder.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741, professionals available 24/7.
Dial 211 to speak with a professional about your situation. 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24/7. Click here for more information.
- Semper Fi Fund
- Veterans Leadership Program – Veteran Employment, Veteran …
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) – Financial Assistance …
- The American Legion a U.S. Veterans Association
- DAV : Disabled American Veterans Charity – FIND, DONATE, JOIN …
- American Corporate Partners
- Disabled American Veterans
- Assisted Living
- White Heart Foundation
- Vail Veterans Program
- Operation Game On
- Team River Runner – River to Recovery
- Peter Harsch Prosthetics
- Indiana Prosthetics
- Elephant Grass
- Home | MentalHealth
- Give an Hour
- The Soldiers Project
- Veteran’s PATH | Peace. Acceptance. Transformation. Honor.
- Active Heroes I Veterans Crisis Hotline
- Addiction Center
- SAFE: Soldiers And Families Embraced
- Veterans and Substance Use
Military Educational Benefits Guide
- Quaranteenagers: Strategies for Parenting in Close Quarters (New York Times)
- Nemours: Video with Dr. Meghan Walls on talking about Coronavirus Reducing Stigma (CDC)
- Coping with Stress as a Student
- For Seniors and their Parents (NPR)
- Care for Caregivers: Tips for Families and Educators from the National Association of School -Psychologists
- Mindfulness Exercises for Teens (Nemours)
Financial, Vehicle and Housing Assistance